Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Stuffed Peppers

Alex introduced me to these stuffed peppers, and I love them!  I've generally stayed away from stuffed peppers in the past, because I don't like foods that are tomato-sauce based; luckily, these don't contain any tomato products like most stuffed peppers do.  I also like this hearty meal, because it includes all major food groups. 

 

Stuffed Peppers
Recipe from Alex Diestler

Ingredients:
  • 3-4 bell peppers
  • 1 tube of sage sausage (I prefer Bob Evan's)
  • 1 1/2 cups barley (or rice)
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions:
  1. Cook barley or rice. 
  2. Slice bell peppers in half length-wise, and remove pit and seeds. 
  3. In a large non-stick pan, cook sage sausage and drain oil. 
  4. Mix the cooked sausage, cooked barley, and half the shredded cheese in a large mixing bowl.  Place mixture into each bell pepper half (facing up). 
  5. Add remaining cheese on top of each stuffed pepper. 
  6. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese starts to crisp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment