Saturday, February 28, 2015

Buttermilk Pancakes

Continuing on with our Sunday morning brunch tradition, I have discovered the perfect buttermilk pancake recipe!  I'm usually not much of a pancake person (I actually don't like the pancakes from breakfast restaurants), but these hot cakes are amazing!  I have made them two weeks in a row now!

The picture below isn't that pretty because I'm still not very skilled with the "pancake flip," but I'll get it right someday.  :-)

 

Buttermilk Pancakes
Recipe adapted from All Recipes

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1/8 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions:
  1. Preheat and lightly grease a large skillet or electric griddle (medium-low works best for me).
  2. Mix the flour, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl. Add the egg, buttermilk, milk, and butter; stir together lightly, but keep it lumpy. The batter should look thick, spongy, and puffy.
  3. Drop 1/3 cup of the batter onto the cooking surface, spreading lightly with the bottom of the cup. Cook until lightly-browned on each side, 1 to 2 minutes per side.

1 comment:

  1. Buttermilk pancakes are delicious ones. The tangy buttermilk enhances flavor and creates a fluffy texture when combined with the other ingredients. They are often served with toppings like butter, syrup, fruit, or whipped cream. Their delightful taste and versatility make them a beloved breakfast choice around the world, with variations in recipes and toppings that cater to different tastes and preferences. My mother makes the best buttermilk pancakes. My favorite is red velvet pancakes. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe. I will definitely try this one.

    ReplyDelete