Monday, July 13, 2009

Chicken Green Bean Casserole

This is one recipe that I never appreciated until I grew up! When I was on one of my trips to Utah, my mom made this. I knew Alex would love it too, so a couple of weeks later I called to get the recipe. As I'm sure many of you can relate, I got no specific measurements for the ingredients. And regrettably, I make it the same way! But for the purpose of this blog, I have tried to quantify the ingredients. This is a super-easy, no-fail recipe, that can be assembled ahead of time. Enjoy!



Chicken Green Bean Casserole
From the kitchen of Carol Hutchins

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
  • 1 can Campbell's Cream of Celery Soup (I get the 98% fat free)
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen french-cut green beans
  • 1/3 cup light sour cream
  • 2 Tbsp. milk
  • 1 cup long-grain wild rice, already prepared (I prefer Zataran's)
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 1 1/2 cups French's Fried Onions (to taste)
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. Mix first 7 ingredients, then spread mixture evenly in an 8" x 11" glass pan (or an equivalent casserole dish). Top evenly with French's Fried Onions. Place aluminum foil over casserole dish, and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.  Remove the foil for the last 10 minutes in order to brown the fried onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment