Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mac 'N Cheese

One time, I asked Alex what food he thought would be served in heaven. He instantly declared, "My Mom's mac 'n cheese!" This is his all time favorite dish. I'm not the biggest mac 'n cheese (or pasta) fan, but even I will confess to liking this version. This shouldn't surprise me as everything that comes out of Janet's kitchen tastes amazing! Plus, it is a one-dish meal--I always love an easy clean up!



Mom's Mac 'n Cheese
From the kitchen of Janet Diestler

Ingredients:
  • 1 box Barilla Cellentani Pasta
  • 3 cans Campell's Cheddar Cheese Soup
  • 1 can full of milk (from the above soup cans)
  • 2 Cups fresh shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 smoked sausage, cut into slices (or cocktail sausages work well too)
Directions:

Cook pasta according to directions, subtracting one minute on suggested cook time. Preheat oven to 350. Combine pasta, soup, milk, 1 cup cheese, and sausage together in a 4 quart casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese. Cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese starts to brown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment