Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Chicken Salad Croissants

My sister stopped over in Chicago on her way out to New Jersey last weekend. We had a wonderful time, and I was so sad to see her go! When they arrived late on Friday night, I asked what she wanted for dinner. I gave both her and husband, Aaron, several gourmet choices. But she decided that she wanted simple Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches. Luckily, I have a great recipe for that.


I got this recipe from a co-worker (Emily Berbert), while working at BYU Broadcasting back in the day. She made these for my birthday, and even though I didn't think I liked chicken salad, I decided then that I do! This is one of the only recipes I like. I never use exact measurements, but for the purpose of this blog, I have tried to quantify the recipe.



Emily's Chicken Salad Sandwiches
From the kitchen of Emily Berbert

Ingredients: 
  • 2 cups cubed chicken
  • 1/2 lemon
  • dash of salt and pepper
  • 1/2 cup halved grapes
  • 1/2 cup sliced celery
  • 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
  • 1/4 cup slivered almonds
  • 1/3 cup coleslaw dressing*
  • 1/3 cup light mayo 
  • 6 croissant rolls
Directions:

Squeeze 1/2 lemon over shredded chicken (this keeps the chicken from becoming dry). Add a dash of salt and pepper. Mix in remaining ingredients, adding more or less to taste (just be sure to keep equal parts of coleslaw dressing and mayo). Serve on croissant rolls.

*Just a side note, the coleslaw dressing is usually found next to the other refrigerated dressings in your grocers produce department.

No comments:

Post a Comment