Saturday, August 22, 2009

John's Chocolate Cake

Lately, I've been massively craving Gandolfo's chocolate cake. But alas, no Gandolfo's exsist near us. So upon describing this decadent (yet light and airy) dessert to Alex, he suggested making a cake based on a recipe he recieved from one of his college buddies (John Aedo) back in the day. Let me just say that I was extremely reluctant to try this recipe, because there are three things in life I loathe: pickles, tuna fish, and mayonaise (there must be a traumatic story involving a tuna fish sandwich buried in my psyche).

Alex had to reassure me about 20 times that I would not be able to taste the mayo in the cake. Fortunately, he was right! This cake is so yummy and moist! It totally satisfied my craving! I hope you all enjoy!


John's Chocolate Cake

1 devil's food chocolate cake mix
1 cup water
1 cup mayonnaise
3 eggs

Mix all ingredients together with an electric mixer for 2 minutes on medium setting. Bake according to directions on the cake box, being sure not to over-bake!

Chocolate Mousse Frosting


1 small package of Jell-o Chocolate Fudge Instant Pudding
1 cup milk
1 (8 oz.) tub Cool Whip

Mix pudding mix and milk with an electric mixer on medium for two minutes. Carefully fold-in cool whip, until reaching a mousse-like consistency.


Amy's Rating: 8/10
Alex's Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment