Sunday, June 7, 2015

Cafe Rio Tomatillo Dressing (Copy-Cat)

Another recipe to serve alongside all the Cafe Rio Knock-offs is this Tomatillo Mexican Dressing.  My first time cooking with tomatillos, and it did not disappoint!  Also a close match to the real deal. 


Cafe Rio Tomatillo Dressing (Copy-Cat)
Recipe from some lady at my Mom's church

Ingredients:
  • 1 package Original Hidden Valley Ranch
  • 1 cup Buttermilk
  • 1 cup Mayonnaise
  • 1/3 bunch cilantro
  • 2 tomatilllos
  • 1 green serenno or jalapeno pepper*
Directions:

Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor.  Refrigerate 1 hour before serving. 

*I take the rib and seeds out of my peppers because I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to heat.  However, you can leave them in if your palate prefers a bit more spice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment