Sunday, June 7, 2015

Guacamole

Surprisingly, I wouldn't go near an avocado until about 3 years ago.  The green slimy consistency just turned me off.  Then our friends, the Ricker's, introduced us to the homemade guacamole at Burrito Parilla, and I've been hooked ever since.  I could seriously eat avocado every day - I crave it all the time, and I do eat it several times a week.  Good thing it's a "healthy fat," amIright?

There's a million ways to make guacamole, but this just happens to be my favorite.  I sort of threw this recipe together simply by adding ingredients I like, and eliminating the ones I don't (red onions = evil).  Enjoy!


Guacamole
Recipe created by me!  

Ingredients:
  • 3 Avocados - pealed, pitted, and mashed
  • 1 Lime - juiced
  • 1/2 tsp. Garlic, minced 
  • Pinch of Salt
  • Pinch of Cayanne Pepper
  • 1 Roma tomato - diced (remove the seeds and ribs first)
  • 1 Jalapeno - diced (seeds and ribs removed)
  • 3 Tbsp. Onion - diced
  • 2 Tbsp. Cilantro - chopped
Directions:

Mix avocados, lime juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.  Gently fold in diced tomato, jalapeno, onions, and cilantro. 

No comments:

Post a Comment