Sunday, June 7, 2015

*Not* Cafe Rio Chicken

Oh how I long for Cafe Rio!  Ask anyone in the western portion of the country, and they will exclaim what joy it brings.  There are many good things about living in the Midwest, but Mexican food isn't one of them.

One of my favorite dishes from Cafe Rio is the chicken salad.  The meat is seasoned and cooked to perfection, and I truly don't think there is any better way to eat chicken.

Unlike my knock-off sweet pork recipe, this chicken recipe does not resemble that of Cafe Rio's chicken in any way.  This recipe is floating all over the interwebs claiming to be the exact same thing, but I am here to tell you it's not even close. I don't know how people could possibly mistake it to be.

However, it is an exceptionally good chicken crock-pot recipe, that is amazing on salads, so I will definitely be adding it to my repertoire.  Alex absolutely loved it.  But again, please - and I can't stress this enough - do not refer to this as Cafe Rio chicken.  It's not.
 

*Not* Cafe Rio Chicken
Recipe from Chef in Training

Ingredients:
  •     2 lbs chicken breasts
  •     8 oz. zesty Italian dressing
  •     ½ Tablespoon minced garlic
  •     1 packet ranch dressing mix (mixed with ½ cup of water)
  •     ½ Tablespoon chili powder
  •     ½ Tablespoon ground cumin
Directions:

Place all ingredients in a crock pot. Cook on LOW for about 5 hours or until chicken is done.  Shred with fork and serve in salads, burritos, tacos...etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment