Tuesday, February 25, 2014

My Favorite Chopped Salad


I really like chopped salads.  There are a million different variations, but this combination of ingredients is my favorite.  This is very similar to a delicious salad at one of my favorite restaurants, Redstone Grill. 



My Favorite Chopped Salad

Ingredients:
  • Mixed Greens
  • Rotisserie Chicken
  • Bacon
  • Grape Tomatoes
  • White Raisens
  • Corn
  • Cornbread Croutons (see instructions below)
  • Honey-Lime Dressing (see recipe below)
  • Blue Cheese Crumbles (optional)
Directions:
For the salad dressing, whisk the following ingredients together:
  • 1/2 Cup Lime Juice
  • 1/4 Cup  Honey
  • 1/8 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1/8 Cup Canola Oil
  • Pinch of Salt 
For the croutons, cube cornbread into 1-inch chunks; lightly toss cubes in a few tablespoons of Canola oil, and salt.  Place on a greased cookie sheet, and bake at 400 degrees, for 10-15 minutes until golden brown, turning over half-way through. (Note: I usually freeze a few slices of left-over cornbread, and then thaw to make these croutons for salad)

No comments:

Post a Comment